The best no bake snack mix in the ENTIRE world. Stop what you’re doing and make this….my fish food recipe has been my all time favorite until now. My only issue with fish food is the baking.. I hate having to bake it. I know that sounds lazy but some times I just want to make a snack and that be that. The fact I can whip this up and set it on my counter… winner. I love taking snacks on trips and I’m headed to Vegas tomorrow with my family and my boyfriend so I’ve made this for our trip 🙂 ❤️
* 1 bag of cheddar goldfish
* 1 box of mini saltines or four cheese or white cheddar cheeze-Its (up to you)
* 1 bag of oyster crackers
* 1 package of ranch dressing mix
* 1 cup of canola oil
* 1 TBS of red pepper flakes
* 1 TSP of worechesire
* 1/2 TSP lawrys seasoned salt (if you like it sallllttyyy)
– Place half of each type of cracker in two gallon ziplock bags (I do this to mix evenly and throughly)
– Mix in a small container that has a lid (for shake shake shaking) the magic sauce! (Ranch packet, lawrys, oil, red pepper flakes, Worcestershire)
– Shake the container to mix everything… like really really shake because the pepper likes to settle at the bottom
– Stir really fast to get everything off the bottom and dump half of the mixture 1/2 cup into one zip lock bag and the other 1/2 cup into the other zip lock bag.
– Zip the bags and toss the mixture with the crackers until everything is evenly coated.
– Add the crackers from one bag into the Other bag making one GIANT gallon ziplock of the most delectable cracker snack ever.
– Randomly flip the bag over the next few hours or not it really doesn’t matter but I like to do that!
– After 7-8 hours it’s ready to serve (this gives the crackers enough time to absorb the oil and flavor)
– Make the day ahead!!!
I am the ultimate snacker. Finger foods are my absolute favorite. I cannot tell you how many times we have made this snack mix for parties, tailgates and holidays, birthdays or just because a friend is need of some fish food. Once you make this I promise you will be so surprised how easy it is. Beware.. if you take this anywhere you better have this recipe on hand. This is the BEST snack mix ever… I bring this every time I travel and after two airplane rides my gallon sized Ziploc is gone thanks to me and neighboring passengers devouring it.
I have made this recipe for so many people and every time I would check out at the grocery store my eyes would get massive because the original recipe was so expensive to make. My sister and I changed the recipe to make it wallet friendly so we could continue making it for our friends/family.
Makes 2 Gallon Ziploc’s full of fabulous fish food…. .
1 Jumbo box of Cheddar goldfish (Yes that huge one that looks like it will last a year..shaped like a milk carton)
1 box of four cheese or white cheddar cheeze-its
1 Bag of oyster crackers (large crackers not the tiny ones)
1 bag of whole pecans
1 Package of dry ranch dressing seasoning
1 Package of dry Italian dressing seasoning
1/2 stick of unsalted butter (melted but not too hot) (My sister likes it with one stick of butter and 1/4 cup of olive oil… I try to make it a tad healthier by only 1/2 a stick.. up to you)
1/2 cup of olive oil
1 Tbs of Worcestershire
Lawry’s season salt and a dash of cayenne pepper if you want a hint of spice — also you can use any seasoning doesn’t have to lawry’s (I use the reduced sodium kind)- make sure if you aren’t using a season salt to add some salt.
Arrange all goldfish, crackers and pecans on 2 baking sheets. Melt butter and combine all ingredients in a bowl– whisk well and do this very very quickly before seasoning clumps up.
Pour half mixture on the first pan and half the mixture on the second. TOSS WELL…. I mean extra well.
Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour. Toss every 15 minutes.