I decided to ring in the new year with some PASTAAAAAA. What is better than spaghetti and wine??? Spaghetti that is cooked in 9 minutes with one pot is better than just plain old spaghetti. I have my normal spaghetti recipe down to an art. I cook the meat, brown the onion, pour the wine and make the sauce. I wanted to spice things up a bit and combine everything into one pot which means only one pot that I have to clean. Are you down? Sounds too good to be true huh? Well… it isn’t. If you do not own a pressure cooker, I highly recommend getting one. They are incredible. I have an instant pot that I got a few years ago and it never ceases to amaze me. I sometimes go weeks without cooking in it and then I make one dish and I think to myself “why did I ever stop using this magical machine?”
One thing I did in this recipe that you do not have to do is to cook the noodles in 1 cup of red wine and 1 cup of water. Typically you would just cook them in 2 cups of water (or enough water to cover everything in the pot.) I like red wine in my sauce so that is why I chose to use it to cook the noodles. It does make things tangier and you will need to add salt and sugar.
Also, I love a creamy tomato sauce. You do not have to make it creamy it’s just a personal preference of mine. Omit the heavy cream if you just want regular tomato sauce.
- 6 Ounces of Pasta- UNCOOKED
- 2 Cups of liquid (I did 1 cup red wine, 1 cup water)
- 1 Jar of high-quality pasta sauce or 23-25 oz of your fave sauce
- 1 lb of meat (I used extra lean ground beef so there was nothing to drain)
- 1/2 Large yellow onion
- 1-2 cloves of minced garlic
- Italian Seasoning
- Olive oil
- Press the Saute button on the instant pot. Pour some olive oil in and begin to brown the meat. Add the onion and garlic while continuing to break up the meat until it is fully cooked (Pink —> brown)
- Add in a jar of pasta sauce and Italian seasoning
- Add in the spaghetti noodles (uncooked and broken in half)
- Add the two cups of liquid and if you need a little more to cover what you’re cooking– add more!
- Place the lid on the pressure cooker and select cancel/off
- Make sure the pressure cooker is switched on top to NOT VENTING
- Press manual high pressure- 9 min
- Once it is finished perform a quick release (switching the vent switch to vent)
- Take the lid off and stir
- Add in the heavy cream a TBS at a time until you reach desired creaminess 🙂
- Add in a 1/2 TBS of sugar (if not cooking in wine you might not want to add that much. Add in 1/2 tsp)– taste and add more if needed
- salt to taste
Top with parmesan 🙂