Brrrrr……. I don’t know about you but here in Northwest Arkansas it has been absolutely frigid. School has started back and I needed a recipe to keep me warm and something that was easy to take to campus. I am not an expert at meal prepping because I really fly by the seat of my pants when it comes to what I am craving for dinner or lunch. I wanted something EASY and yummy, let me tell you… this soup recipe ROCKS. I put this together in a matter of minutes and have been eating on it for three days and still have a ton of leftovers. Bare with me this semester because it’s going to be a long ride! My goal is to post more and I haven’t quite figured out how to do that just yet with my schedule. It’s definitely going to take me meal planning (die)…. but it’s worth I️t 🙂
- 8 Cups Vegetable Stock or Chicken Stock
- 6 oz of Tomato Paste
- 10 oz Cheese Tortellini (I used marketside brand)
- 16 oz Bag of frozen veggies (this is for pure convenience people) use fresh if you want to chop for days.. haha
- Spices: Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Parsley, Oregano, Salt, and Pepper
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup of Heavy Cream
- Bring Vegetable stock to a boil over medium/high heat
- Add in tomato paste and mix well- Bring to a low boil
- Add in your frozen vegetables and keep simmering (5-6 min)
- Add spices and stir
- Then add 10 oz of uncooked cheese tortellini (cook for about 2-4 minutes)
- Add in cream and then continue to cook for about 3 more minutes.
- Add more cream if you’d like– I probably added about 1/2 and dash of cream.
- Salt and pepper to taste!