When life gives you lemons make lemon Parmesan chicken! This recipe has got to be in my top 3. I cannot even describe the flavor.. it’s pure perfection. Not only is this recipe so easy, it’s insanely delicious. I have never made a lemon dish before and was a little skeptical because I don’t like lemon pepper chicken. This tastes nothing like that. It’s sweet, tangy, crunchy and cheesy. If you’re looking for an easy week night meal that makes great leftovers, then this dish is for you. If you’re having guests over for dinner, you will WOW them with this presentation and the flavor. The best part.. it’s a piece of cake. I made this recipe for Brent and I the other night and he absolutely loved it. He said it was one of the best things I’ve ever made. Seriously… go to the store right now and make this for dinner and let me know how much you love it.
- 1.5 lbs Boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 1/3 cup whole wheat or regular flour
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs or regular bread crumbs
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tbs Dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 tbs Minced garlic
- 3 tbs Honey
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 3 Lemons
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 lb Asparagus
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper or foil, and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Set out three shallow bowls. In one bowl, add flour. To the second bowl, combine bread crumbs, 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, dried parsley, salt and pepper and stir to combine. In the third bowl, add minced garlic, honey 2 teaspoons lemon zest, and the juice from the 2 lemons, olive oil and stir to combine. Remove 4 tablespoons of this mixture and set aside.
- Coat in chicken tenders in flour, heavily dredge in garlic lemon mixture, and then coat in the Parmesan panko mixture. Place on prepared sheet pan sprinkle a few dashes of onion powder on the chicken.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes and remove pan. Flip the tenders to the other side.
- Wash and trim ends off asparagus, and place the asparagus next to the tenders. Drizzle the reserved lemon sauce over the asparagus. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and 1/2 tsp garlic powder and 1/2 tsp onion powder over the asparagus.
Recipe adapted from dashing dish