Who doesn’t love an Oreo dipped in milk? I can say with absolute certainty that if I am faced with the decision of what topping to get on my ice cream or what flavor of milkshake to get… it is going to be cookies and cream. I am not a baker. I love sweets but in all honesty, I make more meals than I do sweets. However, I have had a lot of parties and special get-togethers with friends where sweets have been a MUST. These cookies and cream bars were a HIT. I loved them and so did everyone who tried them. They are super sweet and taste great with a big cold glass of milk.
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs + 1 yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips + 2 Tbsp mini chocolate chips
- 18 crushed Oreo cookies + 6 crushed Oreo cookies divided. (you want big chunks so don’t pulverize them)
Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 13×9 pan.
In KitchenAid mixer, cream together butter and cream cheese.
Scrape down sides of the bowl with a spatula and beat in sugar until light and fluffy.
Add eggs and then vanilla.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking powder.
Gradually stir the flour mixture into your cream cheese mixture until completely combined (be sure to pause occasionally to scrape down sides of the bowl).
Stir in mini chocolate chips and 18 crushed Oreos.
Spread into prepared pan and sprinkle the additional 2 Tbsp mini chocolate chips and 6 crushed Oreo cookies over top.
Bake for 30-35 minutes (edges will begin to turn golden brown) and allow to cool before cutting and serving.
Recipe from sugarspunrun!
When I say these are the BEST lemon bars.. I am dead serious. To be honest, I am not really a lemon person. I love lemons in my tea but as far as lemon flavored items go.. I am not a fan. That being said, I CRAVE THESE LEMON BARS. You eat one and then another and then you look down and the dish is empty. I first was introduced to this recipe in high school and it’s been a staple ever since. I made lemon bars for my book club and all my friends loved them. Don’t hesitate making these. They are inexpensive and so good.
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar (powdered sugar)
- 2 sticks of softened butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of sugar
- 3 lemons to make 1/4 cup of fresh juice
- 4 TBS of all purpose flour
- 1 TBS of lemon zest from the peel
- Confectioners sugar to dust on top when finished
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Soften the butter in the microwave for 30 seconds
3. Combine butter, 2 cups of flour and 1/2 cup of powdered sugar in a mixing bowl. Mix well until the dough is formed.
4. Place the dough in a greased 9×13 baking dish. Even pat it out into one layer.
Bake for 18-20 min.
While the dough is baking make the filling.
1. Combine 4 eggs into the mixer and mix on low for 5-7 seconds.
2. Add the sugar, 4 TBS of flour, 1/4 cup of lemon juice and 1 TBS of lemon zest and mix well.
3. Once the crust is done baking– remove it from the oven.
4. Pour the mixed filling over the crust.
5. Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and top with sifted powdered sugar. While the bars cool they will set.
Pop them in the fridge if you need to speed it up. Slice into bars and serve!
Apple crisp is one of my favorite desserts. I really didn’t want to take the time to peel and cut apples and make a homemade crispy topping. I went to the store on a search for an easy apple crisp recipe and I was not disappointed. This three-ingredient recipe ROCKS!!! You can either make your own apples or use canned pie filling. I used “light” pie filling and you couldn’t even tell. It reheats well so it makes for great leftovers! You can’t beat warm apple crisp with vanilla ice cream.
- 1 can of apple pie filling
- 1/2 Stick of butter
- Box of apple crisp mix
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees
- Place the can of apple pie filling in a greased baking dish
- Combine the boxed mix with a melted stick of butter and mix WELL
- Place the crumbly topping evenly over the apple pie filling
- Place in the oven for 25 minutes
- I turned my broil on high for 1-2 minutes to make it toasty!
- Enjoy with a BIG scoop of ice cream 🙂
Here’s the thing, I don’t even like banana pudding or any pudding for that matter.Actually I take that back.. one of my favorite desserts is sticky toffee pudding with ice cream but it has the consistency of a brownie.. are you confused yet? I have tried sticky toffee pudding back in the states and it was okay. If ever find yourself in Scotland GET THE STICKY TOFFEE PUDDING. Back to bananas… The first time I ever had this dessert my sister Morgan made it for a family cookout. Morgan told me I had to try it and I was like what the heck is this?????? I WANT THE WHOLE PAN. When I say you could eat this entire thing YOU COULD EAT THIS ENTIRE THING. Make this, taste this, whatever you have to do but I promise you.. everyone will want the recipe. You better have it on your phone. It is thick and creamy with no icky pudding consistency. I have since made this for many parties, cookouts and just friends who want banana pudding. It is an instant hit every time. There are two secret ingredients (do not substitute anything for this recipe or you wont get the full effect.) Sour cream?? I thought the same thing but without it you don’t get the thick creamy goodness this dessert entails.
Warning: You won’t have any leftovers!
1 Instant Pudding (3.4 Ounce) French vanilla
1 Instant Pudding (3.4 Ounce) Banana Pudding
4 Cups of Milk
1 can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 16oz container of Sour Cream
8oz Container of Cool Whip
1 box of Vanilla Wafers
1) In a medium bowl, combine pudding mixes and milk and stir until mix is dissolved. Refrigerate 15 minutes, until partially set.
2) after setting in the fridge Stir condensed milk into pudding mixture until smooth.
3) Fold in sour cream and whipped topping.
4. Cut up 6 Bananas and make a single layer of vanilla wafers in the bottom of a 9×13 inch dish.
5) Fold Bananas into the creamy mixture
6) Spread pudding evenly over wafers. Crush wafers and sprinkle on top then do another single layer of wafers on top. Refrigerate until serving.
This is by far the easiest healthy dessert!! For Christmas I got a stonewave in my stocking. I was a little scared to use it because it is from an infomercial but let me tell you… The stuff you can make in this thing is insane! You can get one for yourself at walgreens in the infomercial section haha 🙂
1 trivia packet
1 Granny Smith apple
Light cool whip
Cut the apple into 8 slices. Place the slices in a ziplock and pour 1 Truvia packet and however much cinnamon you want (I probably do 1/2 tsp) and shake.
Place the slices into the the stonewave and put in microwave for 2 minutes.
Top with cool whip 🙂