Back to school already?? Many of you sent your kids off to face another year. Some were celebrating the fact they don’t have to be the #1 source of entertainment while other mom’s like my sister were sending their little one off for the first time! I don’t have kids but I have been a nanny since I was 16 and I know how hard it can be to get everyone out the door. You have to make sure their hair is brushed, teeth are brushed, back packs are ready, lunches packed, snacks ready, jackets on, homework completed, agendas signed and after school sports bags packed and in the trunk. The last thing on your mind is breakfast and it also is one of the meals many kids skip or just don’t eat.
What could be better than a breakfast that is already made ahead of time and is healthy and filling??? nothing. Oh and not to mention your kids will devour them because all they will see are M&M’s and chocolate chips. Little do they know its protein packed with rolled oats and peanut butter to keep their belly’s full until lunch. You also can pack these as an afternoon snack or as part of a lunch. It’s up to you and what makes things easier.
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 1/2 Cup of Peanut Butter (I used Jiff natural creamy)
- 1/4 Cup of pure maple syrup (I like maple grove farms pure maple organic)
- 2 Cups of rolled oats (I used great value old fashion oats)
- 1/3 Cup of dark chocolate chips (I used Hershey chips) it is the healthiest kind of chocolate!
- 1/3 Cup of M&M’s – Hershey of course
- 1 Dash of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Gather ingredients
- Combine Banana, peanut butter, vanilla, cinnamon, and maple syrup until mixed well.
- Stir in oats, chocolate chips and m&m’s
- Spoon mounds of mixture onto parchment paper where you want the cookies. Shape the cookies by using your hands to form a round shape. Press gently to make sure they stick together.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.