Okay… I cannot get enough of this chicken and sometimes you just need a creamy pasta bowl in your life. School and work have been keeping me super busy, so I’m down for a quick week night meal. I’m a foodie at heart and I literally am always thinking about my next meal as is if I never get fed?? I was day dreaming about this pasta today.. If you haven’t seen the original post of Crusted lemon chicken Parmesan with Asparagus <— here it is!!!! I used the same recipe for the chicken and added in a fabulous pasta recipe! This is the definition of summer southern comfort food (is that a thing?!) I cannot wait to make this again. The chicken is so versatile you could serve it with roasted veggies, rice, pasta and so much more.
Ingredients for the chicken:
- 1.5 lbs Boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 1/3 cup whole wheat or regular flour
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs or regular bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbs Dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 tbs Minced garlic
- 3 tbs Honey
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 Lemon
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
Ingredients for the pasta:
- 3/4 box of pasta of choice, I used fettuccini
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Juice of two lemons
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Directions for the chicken:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper or foil, and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Set out three shallow bowls. In one bowl, add flour. To the second bowl, combine bread crumbs, 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, dried parsley, salt and pepper and stir to combine. In the third bowl, add minced garlic, honey 2 teaspoons lemon zest, and the juice from the 2 lemons, olive oil and stir to combine.
- Coat in chicken tenders in flour, heavily dredge in garlic lemon mixture, and then coat in the Parmesan panko mixture. Place on prepared sheet pan sprinkle a few dashes of onion powder on the chicken.
Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes and remove pan. Flip the tenders to the other side for 10 min until chicken is Cooked through.
Directions for pasta:
- Cook the pasta according to package directions and drain.
- In a medium sized skillet add the heavy whipping cream, parmesan cheese, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Whisk together and cook over medium high heat until it starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat and add the pasta to coat in the sauce.
Top pasta with the chicken tenders on each plate 🙂