I’ve been on a banana kick lately. My go to breakfast has been a banana with peanut butter for about 3 weeks now. Okay.. that sounds a little excessive but it has definitely been 3-4 times a week. My roommate Sam and I usually switch off buying bananas but last week we accidentally bought too many. We got home tonight just wanting to relax and clean up the house a bit, and we were trying to decide what we should do with these overly ripe bananas?! Make banana bread of course! I️ didn’t want to make something with lots of fat and added sugar. I decided to take a typical banana bread recipe and put a healthy but delicious spin on it! My house currently smells incredible. I wish I could bottle this scent and put it in a candle. Next time you have overly ripe bananas make this 🙂
Throw in some chocolate chips 🙂
I mean why not????
- ⅓ cup of light extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 ½ large bananas)
- ¼ cup milk or almond milk
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg if you’d like!
- 1 ¾ cups white whole wheat flour or regular whole wheat flour (I used regular)
- Chocolate chips (optional)
Nutrition: 112 cals per serving, 1g of fat, 3g protein and 24 carbs (imported into myfitnesspal) serves 15
This nutrition is without chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (165 degrees Celsius) and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the oil and honey together together with a whisk.
- Add the eggs and beat well, Then whisk in the mashed bananas and milk Add the baking powder, salt, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon, and whisk to blend.
- Last, stir in the flour until its mixed well. There will be some lumps!
ansfer loaf on to a sheet of foil to cool. Slice and serve 🙂