Well… my first experience with a meatless dinner was a success! How strange is it that so much of our cultures food revolves around meat and dairy?! After watching an incredible documentary on Netflix called “What the Health” you could say I was inspired to branch out and try some vegan/vegetarian recipes. Choosing a plant based lifestyle has SO many benefits and is definitelty something I will be incorporating into my daily living as much as possible. Am I going to give up my steak and cheese??? No. I will however be practical and eat according to my cravings. Today I share with you an AMAZING taco recipe that is sure to be a crowd fave!
- Light life meatless Mexican crumbles (I got them at natural grocers but Walmart has the original crumbles you could season yourself with a taco packet of seasoning)
- 1-2 cups Quinoa or brown rice
- Shredded lettuce
- Diced tomato
- Sliced avacado
- 1/2 can of black beans
- 1/2 can of corn
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of coconut yogurt plain and unsweetened or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 chipolte in adobo sauce deseeded
- 1 Tsp of adobo sauce
- 1 TBS lime juice
- 1 tsp of minced garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp of cumin
- Make quinoa or brown rice (I use boil in bag) in the mean time prep everything else.
- Heat crumbles over low/medium heat until crumbled. Drain and rinse the black beans then add them to crumbles along with drained corn and 1/2 cup of tomato sauce and mix well.
- Chop lettuce, avacado and tomoato if you want one
- De-seed the chipolte pepper (just scrape the seeds out on a cutting board) then place in blender or food processor.
- Add in yogurt and garlic, cumin and lime juice and adobo sauce.
- Blend until smooth.
Assemble the tacos in a corn or flour tortilla however you like your tacos and enjoy 🙂