I am obsessed with this easy crockpot dinner. Lately I haven’t had time to cook (you have no idea how much I miss this kitchen…) School has been keeping me burried in my books and I’m pretty sure my new home is the annex of the Grad-Ed building on campus. That being said a comforting yet healthy meal is something that I have been craving. It’s sweater weather y’all… or for me fall scented candle season haha! I’m sharing an oldie but a goodie especially since it’s getting chilly. It reheats beautifully and gets even better as the days pass. I have made this dinner time and time again. It all began while looking in my cabinets for something I could throw together. Boy am I thankful for this crazy concoction that turned out to be AMAZING!!!!! It has a pot roast flavor but with an Italian spin. Once you make it, you won’t stop eating it. I like to serve it over brown rice but it would be delicious over creamed potatoes as well. My sister is an incredible cook and if she has tried this recipe and has loved it as much as I have… I know it will be a home run for you 🙂
Nutrition: 260 calories per serving (serves 8) fat: 6.2g Sodium:360.7mg Carbs:10.9g Protein: 38.9g
- 2lbs boneless skinless chicken breast (About four big breasts)
- 1/2 cup honey infused balsamic vinegar (if you cannot find this than use plain balsamic vinegar with 2TBs of honey) or no honey at all!
- 1 bag of baby carrots– You could add more— at least I do because it’s my favorite part!
- 1 can of spinach (If you use fresh spinach add it in at the end and stir until wilted)
- 1 jar of medium chunky salsa (I know I was hesitant too but it’s awesome)– or canned organic diced tomatoes probably fire roasted.
- 1 chopped yellow onion (omit if you’re not a fan of onions)
- Serve with cauliflower mashed potatoes, brown rice or a sweet potato for healthy sides.
Combine chicken, Honey Balsamic Vinegar, carrots, spinach and salsa in the crockpot. Tenderize chicken with a fork and stir it all around. See above directions for when to add the spinach in using fresh and not canned.
Low for 6-7 hours or High for 4