When I say this is the BEST ROAST RECIPE in the world….. I am dead serious.
Mississippi roast is just about the only roast I will eat. It has always been a long time favorite in my family. My sisters and I prefer it over any other kind. The flavor is so much better than a traditional roast. Its tangy but yet hearty and the ranch and gravy combo plus the peperoncini’s add that kick. When butter, ranch and gravy are involved you know its gotta be good. I made this roast in my instantpot pressure cooker but it usually is always made in a crockpot. I will give the directions for both. This easy dinner will be a family favorite I can promise you that. If you have a pressure cooker I encourage you to use it. Its a game changer when it comes to pot roasts in a short amount of time.
- 1 2-3lb Beef Chuck Roast (go up in lbs if serving a bigger family)
- 1 package of ranch dressing mix
- 1 package of au jus DRY gravy mix
- 1 jar of peperoncini’s
- 1/2 stick of butter
- Olive oil (if using a pressure cooker)
- 1 cup of beef broth (if using pressure cooker) or 1/4 cup if using crock pot
- 1 yellow onion chopped into big chunks
- 1/2 bag of baby carrots
Directions for Crock pot***
- -Add 1/4 cup of beef broth to your crock pot. Place the chuck into the crock pot.
- -Sprinkle the packet of ranch and au jus gravy all over the chuck roast and rub it in (careful to not let the liquid rub off the seasoning.
- -Pour a bit of the peperoncini juice into the crock pot (NOT ON THE CHUCK… it will wash away seasoning) place peperoncini’s on top of chuck roast (how ever many you want)
- -Place 4-6 TBS of butter ON TOP of roast.
- -Surround the roast with the onions and carrots.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve with the gravy made from the roast (thicken if needed by dissolving corn starch in water then adding it to the juice)
- -Press the Saute button on your cooker and wait until it says “hot”
- -Dry rub the ranch and dry gravy packet all over both sides of roast.
- -Once the pot says hot place a TBS of butter and some olive oil into the cooker and wait for it to begin to sizzle.
- Brown both sides of the roast in the cooker.
- -Pour juice from the peperocini’s around the roast then place peppers on top.
- -Pour 1 cup of beef broth into the cooker around the roast.
- -Place 2 TBS of butter on top of roast with the peppers
- —DO NOT PLACE VEGGIES IN AT THIS POINT**– You will later
- -Place lid on cooker and press the manual button, high pressure for 35 minutes.
- -When finished cooking release the steam and open the cooker placing the veggies into the juice surrounding the cooked roast.
- -Set the cooker manually on high for 5 minutes for the veggies.
- -Once the 5 minutes is up release the steam and open the lid.
- -Strain out all the roast and veggies and set aside.
- -Dissolve corn starch into water and pour into the juice. Press the saute button heating up the juice to thicken into gravy. Once it has reached your desired level of thickness turn off cooker and serve immediately.
- Serve the roast and veggies with your favorite side. I served mine with Creamed potatoes.