Typically I post healthy recipes but every once in a while a girl has to just eat 🙂 While visiting family in Little Rock we made the BEST lasagna to celebrate Paige’s birthday and the Razorbacks!
Paige’s birthday cake was so much fun to make, it was one of those crazy swirl boxed cakes. Don’t be scared to try them (I was) because honestly you can’t mess it up!
2lbs mild sausage
1 box of lasagna noodles
1 cottage cheese
1 bag of mozzarella – more if you want it extra cheesy
2 jars of your favorite sauce
Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 350
1. Brown the meat until fully cooked
2. Add sauce and spices to taste mix well with meat mixture
3. Boil noodles until fully cooked (directions on box)
4. Take a lasagna pan and put a thin layer of sauce on the very bottom before laying down 3 noodles.
5. After laying down noodles add meat sauce then put little drops of cottage cheese on top of meat mixture then top with mozzarella.
6. Continue this layering process until you have filled the lasagna pan (top layer should be mozzarella)
Cook uncovered until cheese is melted
And bubbly!! It Usually takes 20-25 minutes.
Dig in 🙂
This recipe served 9-12 depending on how big your slices are.